[kj] . . Clutch/Homies

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 28 22:55:10 EDT 2007

Adam,

Am I thinking of the wrong band, or did Clutch start out as basically
from the DC area, and played basically hardcore on their EP, but, like
you said, got tired of it, and became a kind of bizarre take on redneck
rock? In other words, their first and harder to find EP was more or less
straight hardcore. Some of the tracks on _Transnational SPeedway
Anthems_ have a rhythmic component that reminds me of Jesus Lizard or
something (but not the vocals). I might be getting the 1st EP thing
mixed up with someone else.

-Oliver