[kj] Advice on picking up guitar

Phillipps Marc Marc.Phillipps at enfield.nhs.uk
Tue Sep 25 10:31:39 EDT 2007

>Of course the irony of that is that I've just spent several hundred quid on a handmade boutique pedal to try an recapture

>that original "asthmatic owl" sound that so defined my early sound.

I hear that TC Electronic have got close to the "strangled mallard" tone so beloved of anyone who used to own a Kay Les Paul copy.

I took the humbucker cover off of one of those once and discovered that it was actually a single coil in a big cover! (which would explain why they were so microphonic!)