[kj] OT- Alex, Johnny speaks of the Ramones

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 21 12:08:46 EDT 2007

Kiss were *HUGELY* influenced by the `Dolls, there's no denying it
(Peter Criss was also friends with some of them). But I think the
Punks cite the `Dolls more for their spectacle-laden aesthetic, their
"in your face" attitude and their style of playing, which accented
energy and aggression over musicianship and finesse.

But yeah, no Stooges = no Punk Rock.

For his part, Johnny Rotten cites Alice Cooper as a massive influence
(and even wrote the `Coop's liner notes on his box set of a few years
back).

Alex in NYC