[kj] OT- Alex, Johnny speaks of the Ramones

Neil Perry neilfperry at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 21 12:06:17 EDT 2007

Nah, not me (not that I'm an 'original' punk...)

I always presumed the first 'punk' band, in terms of a musical
style/nihilistic attitude, was The Stooges. Don't really count
the NY Dolls, but then never really rated them - to me if they
influenced anyone it was Kiss (which is another gulf between
US/UK perceptions).

Why did the Sex Pistols cover 'No Fun'? The Stooges were 'punk' before the
term/movement/whatever had been coined/invented.

Leigh Newton <angrytomhanks at yahoo.com> wrote: Are all the original brit-punks this easily offended?