[kj] October File interview -- "not named after Die Kreuzen album"

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 18 11:40:35 EDT 2007

From Candlelight weekly email, received this morning.

Q: I mean why the title?

A: Well don’t you think everyone that ever went on a crusade, whatever
the cause, just thought, “Well, God loves me and wants me to do this and
he give me the strength to do it…” There you go…

Q: October File – why the name?

A: It’s not actually named after Die Kreuzen’s album of the same title,
it’s a kind of Cold War thing, as in a file on us from the security (or
insecurity) forces - so you were wrong!

The albums lyrics:

A MUNITIONS CRUSADE

Ever read 1984? The perpetual war, economy, etc. Why are all the arms
manufacturers so willing to help nations “defend” themselves and why are
our governments so ready to go to war when, as always, it’s not them
fighting the wars is it? It’s generally the poor who have to do that. So
get waving your flag because “insert country’s name here” is the best
place in the world mate - c’mon ARE YOU READY TO FIGHT?!

IN MY MAGNIFICENT CIRUCS

There have been many times in my life when speaking to some people I
really have thought, man you would change your outlook on things if you
were facing a lion in the Circus Maximus… and frankly it would entertain
me, in a kind of primitive, brutal, angry type fashion… Glass of wine
anyone?

HIGH OCTANE CLIMATE CHANGER

Oh fuck the world, we can always get a new one right? Well actually, we
cant… This is obviously a save the planet/environment conscious song –
well, we care about our world and I want a beautiful world preserved for
our future generations and not some toxic waste dump covered in cheap
housing. Not very rock’n’roll is it, caring about the planet? Well fuck
you, you rare free to leave… Jaz Coleman joined us on this track and it
was a pleasure working with one of our peers, his contribution sounds great.

ANOTHER DAY

One day there will be no tomorrow. It will cease. It will end. And it
seems not many, especially amongst our beloved leaders, seem to care…
Short term-ism will kill us and our planet. Sorry to piss on your chips
but it will end one day…

HALLOWED BE THY ARMY

We got our video for this banned because it contained nasty images…
Funny that, when it was all 6 o’clock news clippings… It might have
offended some Muslims too - well, it was meant to. Try and stop blowing
people up you assholes! Your god doesn’t like you for it, he doesn’t
exist… More on this later…

FRIENDLY FIRE

Oh the drudgery of it all. The repetition. The same old people at the
office, the hate you reserve for yourself because this is all you have
become. You don’t say anything to anyone about how you feel, you just
put up with it all. It swells, it scars - yet still you do nothing, this
is Friendly Fire.

BLOOD AND SWEAT

This track deals with the mindset of a man who is very angry and
depressed with himself and goes to a sleazy bar to discover just how bad
he really can feel about it all…..

A SUN THAT NEVER SETS

More on the destruction of our planet, imagine you’re sat there just
watching it fall into the sun, all the complexity of the world snuffed
out forever… No more words, no more suns sets, no more…

RELIGION?

Probably the most direct song on the album, lyrically. God (no pun
intended) it makes me just drop my jaw in amazement that in the 21st
century we have religious extremists running around slaughtering
innocent people because “God told them to do it.” Where do these fuckers
get off? I mean do you think God (if there is one) loves them for
killing innocents, no he doesn’t, he hates them for it. I mean what else
would he do? “Thanks guys that baby’s head flying through the air was
awesome… Get real and leave people alone…

SO POOR

Why is it that so few people are ultra rich and so many are poor. I mean
don’t these people feel bad. You “only” made 5 billion profit this year
so “we are going have to let some people go to cut costs.” Wal Mart
paying slave labour wages… The family that own Wal Mart have their own
nuclear bunker… I mean guys lets not be so greedy there is enough to go
round… Anyway, when the world ends, you’re coming with us, fucker!