[kj] Fugazi

Change crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 12:18:22 EDT 2007

I went to at least one Fugazi gig on every UK tour,
and also saw the Evens more recently.

I went to several gigs when Fugazi toured just before
they released "In On the Killtaker" and at Brixton
Acdemy it was a fiver in with the Jesus Lizard,
Shudder To Think and Leatherface supporting.

> I saw Fugazi in 1993. If I was fifteen that would

> mean I was 1 years old

> when I saw them. Fugazi started twenty years ago,

> broke up in 2001 (or

> went on "indefinite hiatus," as they prefer), six

> years ago. They're

> not a new band.

> I saw them again in 1999 at San Franciso's Maritime

> Hall with the great

> post-punk band The Ex (who sound like Gang of Four

> by way of Crass).

> That performance was good but not as stellar as the

> 1993 performance,

> when I think Fugazi were in their glory days.

> -Oliver

> GREG SLAWSON wrote:

> Oliver, how old are you, 15? Fugazi are like

> grandparents of the "glory

> days".

INTERZONE
http://www.augustineleudar.110mb.com/Interzone.htm

RTX, Kristin Hersh, Githead, Shellac, Michael Gira & the Dirty Three interviewed here:
http://www.perfectsoundforever.com

Polysics interviewed here:
http://www.cultcargo.net