[kj] feast of blaze(original).

Neil Perry neilfperry at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 15 09:32:37 EDT 2007

Ooh OK, I'll play the glory days game:
The Birthday Party at Victoria Venue (now a pizza place). Nick Cave
got dragged into the crowd and beaten. The bass player did most of the gig lying on his back. Most antagonistic gig I've ever seen.
Big Black farewell gig at Hammersmith Clarendon. They'd crammed in hundreds more people than were legally meant to be in this place, if there'd been a fire it
would have been curtains for us all (released as Pig Pile LP).
Kyuss first UK gig at London Borderline - explosive!
Nirvana/Tad at London SAOS - easy to forget Nirvana were a great live band...
Faith No More pre-Patton at Camden Dingwalls - Patton was a better
singer than Chuck but never saw them in a place this small again... also explosive!
Metallica at the 100 Club circa 86.
The Stooges a few months ago - Iggy still in his glory days...

Leigh Newton <angrytomhanks at yahoo.com> wrote: Sad to say that I missed the glory days of almost all my favourite bands. The so-called 'glory days' being a very subjective thing, of course. But, for example, I never saw Skinny Puppy until a couple of years ago (and then again a few months ago), so I missed out on Too Dark Park, VIVISect, Last Rights, etc. Never saw Nomeansno circa 'Wrong'. Never saw Faith No More circa 'Angel Dust'. Never saw the Jesus Lizard circa 'Goat'. The list is endless. There's not a whole lot I can say for myself. I saw Anthrax on the Persistence of Time tour which I think was their artistic peak. I saw Failure before Magnified came out. I saw Mr. Bungle on the Disco Volante tour which also featured Melt Banana who were touring Scratch or Stitch. Saw Shudder To Think on the Pony Express Album tour which is undeniably their tour de force. I also got to see Khanate before they broke up which I'm really happy about. Anyone else got any tales from the
glory days?

Leigh