[kj] RE : Poll anyone ?

Marcel spooman at freenet.de
Sun Sep 9 18:29:12 EDT 2007

1. Who are you ?

Marcel v.d. Weiden

2. Where are you ?

Koblenz, Germany

3. How are you ?

A bit pissed off because of different reasons - but always optimistic :-)

4. Heard anything good lately that you'd like to share ?

Unfortunatly I don't think so.

5. Where do you stand on the great 'Hosannas' debate ?

a) it's a flawed masterpiece - classic KJ

b) it sucks a big fat one

c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful

d) its OK

c) I think a few songs are great, but I don't follow that "back to the roots" approach soundwise

6. If KJ were to do one of those one off gigs where they play one of their classic albums all the way through, which one should they do ?

Pandemonium (When they play it live they won't be able to mess up the sound like they did on the record)

7. Favourite 3 KJ album covers...................?

Pandemonium (I also love those strange covers for the singles and eps like P in dub or Excorcism), the first one and What's this for?

8. Least favourite KJ album cover

OTG, with KJ 2003 catching up fast

9. Which is it to be - King Crimson or Queen ?

a)King Crimson

b) Queen

c) both of the above

d) neither of the above - I'm a Rush fan

King Crimson, although I could do without them

10. Which Queen song would you like to see KJ cover ?

Bicyle Race off course (....)

11. And which Crimso tune ?

err none

12. Whats Geordie's solo album going to sound like ?

hopefully not too much like murder inc. or the damage manual. Very nice records, but I miss a bit of feeling.

13. Got any good gigs coming up ?

I guess not - only some local bands you wouldn't know.

14. Where do you stand on the great 'Democracy' debate ?

a) it's a flawed masterpiece - classic KJ

b) it sucks a big fat one

c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful

d) its OK

probably d : I do like some songs on it very much like Savage Freedom, Aeon or Intellect f.e. but clearly the sound is all but ideal - on the other hand I liked the idea of acoustic guitars used in relatively hard songs. Obviously when they have an idea, they're following it very consequently - acoustic guitars, very simple rec. techniques on Hosanna. Sometimes I feel it would have been better if they had tried something in a couple of songs and gave some others what they seem to ask for. Generally I wouldn't want to miss one single KJ album - in my opinion they all have their moments - yes, that does include OTG.

15. Peter West - is he

a) a top bloke - the Gathering would be a duller place without his lively contributions

b) He remains the consummate wind-up merchant - never fails in getting someone's hackles up.

c) A slightly sad character with too much time on his hands and an over large chip on his shoulder

d) Peter who ?

e) None of the above

d, sorry

cheers, Marcel