[kj] RE : Poll anyone ?

jane.shadforth at shell.com jane.shadforth at shell.com
Sun Sep 9 13:46:03 EDT 2007

De lurk...

1. Who are you ?

Jane Shadforth

2. Where are you ?

Ashton-under-Lyne, England

3. How are you ?

Like everyone else it seems, exhausted... Still recovering from an Ironman distance Aquabike last weekend, and got far too much work on my plate at the moment.

4. Heard anything good lately that you'd like to share ?

The news that I'd manage to finish the above race: 2.4mile swim, then 112mile cycle involving 13,000 feet of climbing, and a nasty 12% climb which had to be done 3 times. It was disappointing that I couldn't do the full triathlon due to a running injury, but I guess I'm one step closer. Have started running again today, so fingers crossed I can stay injury free until March when I plan to attempt IMNZ.

5. Where do you stand on the great 'Hosannas' debate ?

a) it's a flawed masterpiece - classic KJ

b) it sucks a big fat one

c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful

d) its OK

C'mon - how often have I got involved in those sort of album debates? ;-)

Always ready for some live dates though, whatever the latest offering is like...

6. If KJ were to do one of those one off gigs where they play one of their classic albums all the way through, which one should they do ?

They shouldn't... I went to the one SLF did, and imo album formats just don't really work for live gigs. It didn't flow right, and there was too much time standing around with a fairly dead atmosphere.

7. Favourite 3 KJ album covers...................?

Now then - which one is which? Haven't got time to go downstairs and remind myself ;-)

8. Least favourite KJ album cover

See above

9. Which is it to be - King Crimson or Queen ?

a)King Crimson

b) Queen

c) both of the above

d) neither of the above - I'm a Rush fan

Queen - grew up on the early albums as my mum was a big fan.

10. Which Queen song would you like to see KJ cover ?

How about "Seven Seas of Rhye"? I can sort of imagine that, although not sure it would work...

11. And which Crimso tune ?

Don't know any King Crimson songs I'm afraid.

12. Whats Geordie's solo album going to sound like ?

Interested to find out...

13. Got any good gigs coming up ?

Not sure whether they'll be good, but after not doing much over the summer gigwise we have the following pencilled in over the next couple fo months:

Toy Dolls & TV Smith

Incubus

Alabama 3

Goldblade

Misfits & Goldblade

Neville Staples

NMA - 3 dates in Spain

Stranglers & Siouxsie at the Roundhouse

NMA - UK

Goldblade... again

NMA - Amsterdam

14. Where do you stand on the great 'Democracy' debate ?

a) it's a flawed masterpiece - classic KJ

b) it sucks a big fat one

c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful

d) its OK

See 5 above

15. Peter West - is he

a) a top bloke - the Gathering would be a duller place without his lively contributions

b) He remains the consummate wind-up merchant - never fails in getting someone's hackles up.

c) A slightly sad character with too much time on his hands and an over large chip on his shoulder

d) Peter who ?

e) None of the above

a and b. Whilst many of his posts are pretty pointless, the delete key is not far away, and there have been many gems in there for entertainment.

Back to lurkdom now - I should be catching up on work, Jane