[kj] Poll anyone ?

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 8 15:20:14 EDT 2007

Who are you ?
Alex in NYC

Where are you ?

in NYC (duh!)
How are you ?

Tired.
Heard anything good lately that you’d like to share ?

Been re-discovering Swans lately, and am diggin' that. Haven't heard
anything new lately that I like, though, sadly.
Where do you stand on the great ‘Hosannas’ debate ?
a) it’s a flawed masterpiece – classic KJ
b) it sucks a big fat one
c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful
d) its OK

I lean towards (b). The songs aren't there. The production stinks and
Jaz's voice is shot.

If KJ were to do one of those one off gigs where they play one of
their classic albums all the way through, which one should they do ?
NIGHT TIME is my fave, but I'd love to hear them do What's THIS
for... ! in its entirety.

Favourite 3 KJ album covers……………….?
Killing Joke (1980)
Revelations
Night Time

Least favourite KJ album cover

KJ2003
Which is it to be – King Crimson or Queen ?
a)King Crimson
b) Queen
c) both of the above
d) neither of the above – I’m a Rush fan

I like both *AND* I like Rush.

Which Queen song would you like to see KJ cover ?

"The Prophet's Song" (quite fitting, really)
And which Crimso tune ?

"21st Century Schizoid Man" (also quite fitting)
Whats Geordie’s solo album going to sound like ?

I have high hopes and low expectations
Got any good gigs coming up ?

Not one.
Where do you stand on the great ‘Democracy’ debate ?
a) it’s a flawed masterpiece – classic KJ
b) it sucks a big fat one
c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful
d) its OK

II'm going with (d). It's okay. Could've been much better, could've
been much worse.

Peter West – is he
a) a top bloke – the Gathering would be a duller place without
his lively contributions
b) He remains the consummate wind-up merchant – never fails in
getting someone’s hackles up.
c) A slightly sad character with too much time on his hands and
an over large chip on his shoulder
d) Peter who ?
e) None of the above

(f) No comment.