[kj] the essence [Tool]

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 6 15:55:04 EDT 2007

Ha, Leigh, it's like you've channeled my Tool experience exactly. Opiate
and Undertow so great -- and then what? Only moments. Rehashed songs,
made longer. I couldn't figure it out: they seemed to get more and more
popular while I appreciated them less and less. I occasionally reached
with hope for post-Undertow LPs, like some Outside the Gate replay,
thinking "maybe I'll like it more this time." But it never happens. I
hate that frustrating feeling of really wanting music to sound better
than it is.

Then again, I enjoy Hosannas to this day...