[kj] the essence

Peter Moltesen sneakypete at uwclub.net
Thu Sep 6 04:05:36 EDT 2007

>I'll stick up for Queen anyday. I'm not too familiar with the album Jazz

>but I know that Mustapha and Don't Stop Me Now are both on there so it

>surely can't be ALL bad. Also gotta give it up for the rockers like Now I'm

>Here and Keep Yourself Alive as well as the more poppy, schlocky fair like

>I Want To Break Free and Radio Ga Ga.

Each to their own :o/
I'd rather listen to Thin Lizzy myself

>King Crimson really came out with some amazing stuff in the 80s. The 70s

>stuff is ok, here and there. Same with the 90s and beyond. But the 3

Belew->era albums from the 80s are really awesome.

Hmm - I love the various 1970s incarnations best - especially the Starless &
Bible Black / Larks Tongues albums. The live 4 disc 'The Great Deceiver' is
very intense.

The eighties stuff sounds like a smart arsed Talking Heads tribute....too
clever clever for my own tastes. Not that impressed by the later
incarnations either

>Tool are completely up their own asses and have resided there for years.

>Opiate and Undertow are both great. It's all downhill from there.

>Lateralus, in particular, is such a shitty album. 10 000 Days has some

>decent moments.

Isn't that geezer from Tool another Crowley acolyte ?
I've read interviews and he does seem to be up his arse a bit. I did buy
Lateralus on somebody's recommendation but it didn't do much for me - was
that the wrong one to get ?

Peter