[kj] the essence

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Sep 5 21:37:36 EDT 2007

Danny from Tool seems to be really approachable and friendly and down to
earth, good sense of humour, he's also mega into the whole Renne le Chateaux
hoax for some reason, and the occult in general. And an absolutely superb
drummer. The rest of them I'm not sure, but you need to bear in mind a lot
of what they do is tongue in cheek...half of their song names and lyrics are
veiled references to anal fisting etc :)

My little brother incurred Maynard's wrath when he yelled out at him to
"PLAY SOME CREED" as a joke between songs...but I don't think he heard him
properly.

Opiate and Undertow are brilliant, Hush is a quintessential rock track, I
was actually gonna mention it as my anthem, if I had to choose one properly
it would be that. Short, sarcastic, makes a statement, anti-establishment,
antagonistic, explicit lyrics, all boxes ticked =)