[kj] Sex Pistols on Tonight Show

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 31 19:46:24 EDT 2007

Actually, I caught the Pistols last night night on Leno. It was surreal.
They did "Anarchy in the UK." They didn't change the lyric sto reflect
any current political events or anything in America. (They still sang
"Is this the IRA? I thought it was the UK!" etc.) But Johnny
Rotten/Lydon did stop at one point and say "SO when are we getting out
of Iraq?" Other than that, it was by the numbers.

Now, here is what disturbed me: Republican Presidential candidate Ron
Paul was also on the Late Show and was watching the Sex Pistols. Paul is
a cult favorite Pres. candidate against white twenty- and
thirty-somethings. He is basically a Libertarian, except he WANTS ROE VS
WADE TO BE REPEALED. That means, he wants abortion made illegal.
However, he is also strongly anti-war.

Now, the most surreal moment is when the Sex Pistols were done, Ron Paul
proudly strode over to Johnny Rotten, abd with a big smile on his face,
SHOOK HIS HAND> That's right, a Republican presidential candidate of the
US shared a big smiling happy handshake with Johnny Rotten of the Sex
Pistols after they'd got done singing "Anarchy in the UK."

What a world we live in!

-Oliver