[kj] R.I.P. Raven

Jokers circusbar at uol.com.br
Mon Oct 22 13:33:16 EDT 2007

I second that Javier! i felt a bit ridiculous too! but I´m still shocked! and feeling very sad!

I shared this wife my wife, some close friends and my band mates (who are very into kj just like me) and we are all very shocked with the news!
I´m feeling very very sad for a guy i never knew in person, but was like a part of my life! he was the only one guy that I had ever chated in the band and had exchanged some e-mail with me, always asking me about how my band was going, about brazil and football, and he also once told me, when we were talking about kids and stuff, that he had a daughter in brasil. that lived in Salvador if i´m not wrong. (some on the list closer to him may say that if it´s really true). the guy was a real gent and tthe mighty force into the joke. I never saw KJ live but they are the band I like most in the world above any of aIl others

Raven - Rest In Peace

diaz

Very sad and shocking news, i was hoping to be a joke or something like that when i was reading all those "subjects" yesterday night. I even felt kind of ridiculous when i shared the bad news with my wife (she's not a fan but of course she knows very well the importance of KJ in my life), and i dropped a couple of tears... i mean i was crying for i guy i never knew in person!... but shit!! i was really sad!!. I've never been on a KJ gig and i'm positive i'll do it the next time they tour, and i love KJ with Raven in!. Well, now it's never going to happen.
It's incredible how can i be this sad, i exchanged some e-mails with him out from the list by the time he was in The Gathering, and he was really a very nice man, he used to ask me for some spanish words or some mexican food to practice and surprise his mexican friends in LA... i guess this is it, while i never knew him in person he was the only member of Killing Joke who i've "talked to" ever, and he was a great-open-nice guy.

I agree with you Jamie, at least uncle Raven died sleeping after partying like an animal.
Maybe he will make some new project up there with Hendrix, Dimebag and Ian Curtis.

Honours and respect to mighty PAUL RAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Javier
mexico city