[kj] OT: Billy Bragg: Proud to meet the Queen, have symphonic works performed w/ his lyrics

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 16 13:58:42 EDT 2007

[Bragg is quite the working class folk hero, below! You know, even though I'm not crazy about the Sex Pistols, at least they snubbed the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. But I also wonder -- what's goin' on with Jaz and that high falutn ' "EU-Composer-in-Residence" stuff? Hmm? -Oliver]

Billy Bragg:

"Last week, I shook hands with the Queen. It was a Tuesday evening, at the Royal Festival Hall. I was there with my family for the Royal Gala to open the refurbished hall, and to see a performance of Beethoven's exhilarating Ninth Symphony, which was sung with my lyrics."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=487796&in_page_id=1770