[kj] OT: Swans recommendation

Blazingstar418 blazingstar418 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 12:58:19 EDT 2007

Leigh,
If it makes you feel any better, Chrome (during that
*classic* period) only played live twice.

Once in San Francisco (which I missed) and once in
Italy.

You've got all the best parts of that band's existence
in your record collection. ;)

A L P
--- Leigh Newton <angrytomhanks at yahoo.com> wrote:

> In many ways, it sucks being a latercomer. It's not

> all bad though. One good part is that everything is

> right there for you to plunder. This list is a good

> place for latecomers, namely myself. I'm a latecomer

> to just about everything. It was thanks to the

> Gathering that i got turned onto the genius that is

> Chrome. The Damon Edge/Helios Creed era, to be

> exact. Nothing else is quite like it. Thanks

> Gathering!

> Leigh

"The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The darkness, the palms, the mountainous background, the silent lake below, the impenetrable canopy of space, studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a stupendous setting for the savage noise and blaze of the ceremony."