[kj] OT: Swans recommendation

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 11 23:34:13 EDT 2007

Wow, thanks for impressing upon me how genius the Swans were, gang, I
recently got to explore their back catalogue better. Just insane,
genius. I never appreciated it, as all I'd heard was that dubbed copy of
the Body to Body, Job to Job cassette, which I liked, but it didn't just
overwhelm me or anything. Now I'm totally amazed by what I've been
hearing by the Swans.

See, I can be a latecomer to some things. I didn't really realize how
brilliant KJ were 'til almost two years ago, though I'd like stuff by
them here and there before that. Then the light switch on my brain went
on, and I was like, this is actually kinda genius. I used to only like
fast, crossover thrashy or hardcore punk -- maybe I am getting older.
But, yeah, The Swans. Wow. The Great Annihilator *is* good, like Javier
said.

Thanks so much, guys.

-Oliver