[kj] Quicksand ... Baby Gopal

Devacor at aol.com Devacor at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 11:21:39 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/10/2007 10:45:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net writes:

Adam,

You mentioned the Shelter/YOT/Gorilla Biscuits/Quicksand connection ....
so..

What can you tell us about Baby Gopal?

Hah....

-Oliver

Geeze, what do you want to know?
I helped them also- Sri (the singer) was married to Ray Cappo for some time.
she was/is a very talented person. I felt this band was a bit of a stretch
for her though. they got lumped into the new york hardcore scene (because of
Ray's influence) but obviously weren't hardcore- Sri wasn't from the hardcore
scene, nor the united states (from australia), a female and older then most
in the scene- it was always a little awkward for her.
Some of the songs had their moments. I thought the song "Shiva" was decent.
Its on Sri's myspace page now _www.myspace.com/SriKeshava_
(http://www.myspace.com/SriKeshava)
there was one song (cant remember the name) that I thought was really
incredible and showed her true talents- other then that nothing really stood out so
much.
She's doing traditional Indian dance now and some music in that realm- Baby
Gopal never quite got their feet. Revolving band members and never really
got much wind in their sails.
Sri is still a close friend of mind. Ray Cappo also- Ray and Sri had a
pretty nasty split up- I tried to remain neutral but am closer to Sri.
~Adam