[kj] OT: Posting on Craigslist that's getting mailed around

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sat Oct 6 21:08:11 EDT 2007

I work with investment bankers and currency traders etc all day long. Really
don't like most of them, there's only a few on the whole floor I would call
solid, decent, honest up-front people. The rest of them are smiley
gladhands. Or slimey gladhands...

The floor I work on is customer-facing, customers ringing up to buy
currencies, these guys are chirpy as fuck to your face, all lovely and full
of energy and pep and light etc, and pretty shallow underneath.

I burned 3 DVDs for a girl at work the other day, on my day off, personal
DVDs, she was so grateful when I told her I'd do it, told her all she had to
do was buy me a cup of coffee, reminded her 4 times the next day and
eventually ended up getting it myself. She wasn't too busy or anything, just
fucking expected me the trained monkey to be happy to help her and couldn't
be arsed buying me a coffee. Bitch's PC is gonna suffer on Monday I tell
you...

That was a great answer to that post by the banker however...for all a lot
of them are pretty vapid and shallow, some of them are amazingly switched
on, intelligent, focused. But because what they are so obsessed with is
money, often to the exclusion of living a normal life, it doesn't in my
opinion really bring out the best in them. Lots of dead eyes on that floor.
Hence all the drugs some of them take.