[kj] Sports

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 5 08:58:14 EDT 2007

I should point out that I pitched for TIME Magazine's softball team
for over a decade, and truly enjoyed it (though my pitching "skills"
remained dubious at best). That said, my reasons for joining the team
were entirely motivated by social impulses, not athletic ones.

Again, sports have their place. But I know several individuals who
just take professional sports WAY, WAY, WAY too seriously (my former
boss for a start -- the man has a Pittsburgh Steelers tattoo on his
fucking arm). If the Steelers lost a game, we could all expect a
deeply unpleasant day in the office. Sorry, but that's just fucking
ridiculous and worthy of nothing but abject contempt.

Alex in NYC