[kj] Sports

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 08:47:44 EDT 2007

no, im not winding you up, i was taking you seriously. but as you may
or may not recall im involved heavily with sport activity
(www.amag.org.uk) and see it as a great medium where people can find
themselves.

lets make a separation here, participant and spectator.

Most sports participants are amateurs and do their activity because it
makes them feel good, just as much as listening to a record would.

Sports spectators may not fully understand that they are participants
in another ritual because many use the activity as escapism. Me i
never wear replica shirts, face paint etc.

so i probably agree with you in your opinion