[kj] DVD ripping software?

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Wed Oct 3 19:16:29 EDT 2007

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

Have been ripping & encoding DVDs for years (used to use FlaskMPEG, DVD
Decrypter and all sorts of rubbish) but DVD Shrink is free, works perfectly
and can re-encode dual-layer DVDs to fit onto single layer DVD-R's
perfectly. I wonder if you might need DVD Decrypter too to remoce any region
encoding or RCE nonsense, but I have two DVD drives, one set to Region 1 &
the other to Region 2, and DVD Shrink is all I need.

In passing, I think Nero, while doing some things very well, is bloatware
and the media encoding is lousy, so I wouldn't recommend that.

Darren