[kj] GEORDIE'S TRACKS AVAILABLE

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 21 14:52:43 EST 2007

So I'm listening again today, and one of the things that's really
disarming: Her vocals seem to follow Geordie's melody (particularly on
Rolluber), changing rhythm and note in lock-step with the guitar, and I
think that's a mistake. It neuters the sound. Maybe that's just pop, I
don't know.

Not to be a dick and say "this isn't killing joke, thus it sucks," but I
think of my favorite Geordie moments -- Feast of Blaze, Song & Dance,
Wilful Days, Slipstream, Chop Chop -- and one thing about them is the
vocals rarely try to roll along mimicking the guitar melody and rhythm.
Geordie provides this soundscape that Jaz's singing (superficially at
least) almost has nothing to do with.