[kj] Killing Joke Mug....Not Raven

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Mon Nov 12 17:19:55 EST 2007

I picked one up at a gig - wasn't Barfly time, was it? I used it until it
ran out, and kept snagging the bottle opener on my pockets. I like
authorised things that seem facile, useless or crap. I'm particularly proud
of my Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds Abattoir Blues tea towel. Got an In A Big
Country headscarf shrinkwrapped to a 7" somewhere too.

I wonder what's the most stupid music related promotional item anyone here
has? There must be a fair few. I have a Marillion "Fugazi" pack of playing
cards. I have an inflatable Alice Cooper (punctured, after using it as a
punchbag, obviously before ebay. The things I could have sold on ebay!).
What the fuck was all that about? Were there tasty pyramidal cakes to
promote the US single release of "Ziggurats of Cinnamon"? Was there a
stupid troll Jaz on the front of ... oh, hang on.

I would be interested to hear about stupid promo items, whether KJ related
or not, although I noticed Atkins was selling photocopied KJ tour
itineraries on ebay a few years ago, so there must at least be Damage Manual
mk2 toilet paper, at the very least.

Darren

Hungerford, UK