[kj] mugshot

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Tue Nov 6 11:25:27 EST 2007

This is sad, but inevitable, I think. You'll not get people to stop making
things like this until people stop buying them. If there is a fund and the
mug (which is horrible and tacky) was created to benefit the fund, surely
the auction listing would say "all profits to...". Since it doesn't, I think
it's safe to assume this is an unpleasant cash-in, even before you consider
the guy behind it doesn't even have details of any fund. My friend Leanne
indeed! I reckon things like this should be boycotted, and may set up a
mailbomb. That's an e-mail bomb, in case Echelon is listening.

I don't see how it's any different ethically to a pirated Empire Song mug,
however, which I saw on ebay a while ago. It's just more sleazy trying to
cash in on a death. Those of us to whose lives he made a difference surely
have better ways of remembering him than seeing his hideous face staring up
from under our chin. Bootlegs of the music, however, which is after all why
Paul was so well-known to us, is an entirely different matter.

Darren

Hungerford, UK