[kj] Raven, .... Blackbird Down,

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 17:32:45 EDT 2007

My condolensces to his family..his brother, wife, and most of all to his children (i saw their
pics; great kids). It's taken me this long to read thru so many emails (& still haven't read the
more recent emails) before writing in, but i chose to because there were so many of the
most beautiful sentiments expressed that can be shared about someone.
I, in great coincidence, chose a song to play while reading emails and writing this one,
that though i've never heard this mix before, really complements this time of loss and of
having to let go... but that's just me. "This is.." that song*, to paraphrase Jaz Coleman,
"...for the three wrongs..."

From quarters far removed from here (to my knowledge: friends in Seattle, San Jose'/SFO,
an on *heh* LiveJournal; even got a phonecall about it!) i heard from people who had close
personal friends working with Paul on Mob Research as to what a catastrophic loss it
was for him to take eternal flight... not that he wanted to.

I saw him in part as the visceral energy, the drive that gave KJ that earthy bounce to their
presence and performance. And even more so as time went on, as i saw the other players
shall we say, um, "mellowed" to put it politely. Check out old YouTube clips of the band's
early gigs and you'll see that since then Raven only got more intense, hard-driving and
carefree with time.

May his feet never touch the ground, and only alight in the hearts of those who truly
knew him an loved him, & for the rest of us mortal there will always be bass pulses to
accompany them throughout their days.

( And if you should happen to see an elephant at sunset turn his head and listen to
"nothing", or see a whale abruptly change course in mid-ocean, it'll prolly be Raven working on some new bass frequencies or project).

~~ Sade1

* http://www.untiedundone.com/audio.html

P.S. I hope all the planned Gatherings/memorials went thru to everyone's satisfaction (i haven't caught up with the emails that far yet).

Blazingstar418 <blazingstar418 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Greetings All,

I just got an email from Raven's partner Melinda informing me that after Wednesday's service, she'll be bringing him to the U.K. and then ultimately back to his final resting place in Portland Oregon.

She's told me that there *will* be a gathering in Portland, and possibly one in Los Angeles as well.

More details as they emerge.

A L P

"The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The darkness, the palms, the mountainous background, the silent lake below, the impenetrable canopy of space, studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a stupendous setting for the savage noise and blaze of the ceremony." __________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Gathering at misera.net

As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes