[kj] More on Lance Hahn, 1967-2007; piece he was working on The Mob, Brit post-punk, anarcho band

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 15:54:14 EDT 2007

congratulations - get the snip!!!

http://www.blythpower.co.uk/mailouts/September2007.htm
This is the most fun caption competition ever! Members wanting to cop
hold of some really good lyrics, not to mention some early examples of
Mr. Porter's clonky drumming (he improved) are recommended a new CD
called All Burnt Out by Null & Void. Null & Void was formed around
1982 by Andy Barker, with roots in Somerset, and Mr. Porter joined
them after Zounds split up. By far and away one of the best bands he
was ever in, the song writing is unique, much of the performance is
taut – except some of the drum fills – and the lyrics engaging and
mysterious. Three things cause Mr. Porter deep regret when he listens
to it. Firstly, the fact that he didn't write God's Own Words,
secondly, that he never came to grips with An Old Way, and now wishes
he could drum to it again the way it should have been played, and
thirdly – and ironically – that he was such a po-faced anarcho at the
time that Andy quite rightly threw him out of the band. Thus, he
missed the chance of recording with Joe Strummer, and didn't actually
play on some of the best recordings on this release. Bugger!