[kj] Quick Poll - best film of 07

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 1 23:19:20 EDT 2007

I know what you mean about the overuse of color filtering and CGI
effects. The Underworld series of movies (about Vampires vs. Werewolves)
uses the blue light filter about as much as The Matrix used the green
lens filter, unusual at the time, way played out now. Even "Children of
Men," which I like a lot (Michael Caine as aging British hippie),
overuses a harsh gray light filter to make it look like it's "in the
future." The scif-fi genre has become so associated with the overuse of
these blue tints that a kind of blue or gray or green tint is almost
expected from any movie in that category. It's become tiresome.

-Oliver