[kj] Black Hole Chaos

Darth E. Vader crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 2 05:36:54 EDT 2007

Well I missed the TV broadcast as I was at a Red Panda
gig in Liverpool.

I have Joanna Newsom on the stereo for the first time
after thinking I might end up being the last person on
Earth who hadn't heard her - harp music witch seems a
mellow antidote to Europe. Of course Europe is also a
KILLING JOKE song.

Hey, isn't this where we all began??????

--- uncle bennys magical bra factory
<fatpotanga at gmail.com> wrote:

> It was on TV last night.

> Was quite interesting.

> I missed a good chunk of it some I'm probably

> missing something fundamental

> out or have all this completely wrong but basically

> ... (switch off now if

> potanga-mangled science bores you)

> The famous E = MC2 (Energy = Mass x the speed of

> light squared) shows that

> mass & energy are the same thing.

> Anything with mass contains a huge amount of energy

> & conversely massive

> amounts of energy can create mass.

> As Bill Bryson put it rather nicely in his

> brilliantly pleb proof, simple to

> understand 'A Short History of Nearly Everything'

> (which I highly recommend)

> "... if you are an average-sized adult you will

> contain within your frame...

> enough energy to explode with the force of 30 very

> large hydrogen bombs,

> assuming you knew how to liberate it & really wanted

> to make a point"

> We know all the sub atomic particles that make up

> everything, but not the

> glue that holds these bits together - that binds

> these little bits into

> solid, tangible things. In finding out they'll

> discover more of how the

> universe was made.

> Like this guy said on the TV, "It's too complicated

> to fathom out now, the

> easiest way is to go back to the beginning & look at

> it"

> So they're re-creating a mini 'big bang'

> This thing they're building is 7 times more powerful

> that the biggest, erm,

> thingy machine (those things they fire atoms round

> tracks with) we have

> today which is 6 km in diameter

> (Hosannas! I remembered the name of the thingy -

> particle accelerator! )

> in the hope that they will find the glue they've

> been theorising about.

> One side affect of this massive release of energy is

> the possibility of

> creating a black hole.

> They were saying that if it does create a black hole

> it will disappear as

> soon as it materialises. Phew!

> Thank god scientists are never wrong...

> > Perhaps the final countdown has just begun...

> PS - you bastard, I now have Europe's 'The Final

> Countdown' stuck in my

> head!

> On 2/5/07 09:48, "Darth E. Vader" wrote:

> > Anyone else seen the news story about the Black

> Hole

> > reactor on the Swiss French border which might

> destroy

> > the world when it is activated in November?

> > Perhaps the final countdown has just begun...

> --

Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

Look at grafitti scrawled on the wall:
Dubya can't catch family friend Bin Liner...
But what the HELL?
They talk to God!