[kj] Top 10 bands

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 02:25:47 EDT 2007

Cheers, Oliver. Baby Lemonade is a really great song, totally. I especially love the Peel Sessions version. The production quality really does something to Syd's voice that I really like. I'll check out those songs you mentioned. I only recently got around to checking out the Damned and I really like what i've heard. New Rose, in particular, is a fucking amazing track. It doesn't suprise me that they have a song that sounds like Barrett as they were huge fans of him back in the day.

I'm all over Soulseek all the time. I was just talking to a co-worker today about how p2p software is such a great way for us music fans to "do our homework", so to speak. I download shitloads of different things. If I really like it, I delete it off my hard drive and run out and buy the CD. I would still be in the dark on SO many different bands (Chrome, New Order, O.L.D., Girth, KTL, the Stranglers, and that's just off the top of my head, sooo many more...) if it weren't for Soulseek. Kind of like a "try before you buy" type thing, which is especially good these days considering CDs cost a fucking arm and a leg and there is just so so so so much shitty music out there. Probably 95% of all the music that is available sucks. Mainstream, underground, whatever. I think that's a fair (if not ridiculously over-the-top) guess.

Leigh