[kj] Top 10 bands

TB Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Thu Mar 29 18:59:45 EDT 2007

"B. Oliver Sheppard" wrote:

> Has anyone NOT mentioned Killing Joke yet?

> Now that would be funny. :) (Well, to me...)

Up until the '03 album and tour, Killing Joke was far from my favorite band.

I had briefly became interested in them via the Eighties/Love Like Blood
singles and saw them once during the Night Time tour back in the mid 80's
and quickly lost interest during the Thousand Suns/OTG period. I picked up a
used cd of Pandemonium around '97 and liked it but by then, the band was
pretty much history and I didn't have any interest in checking out their
back catalog.

I only owned the Night Time and Pandemonium albums on cd and the '03 album
was bought on a whim when I was browsing a record store the week it came out
based on someone's rave review on a Metallica forum. After a week's worth of
burning that album into my brain, I went out and bought the entire back
catalog over a couple week's time and pretty much re-educated myself on the
band. Than, when I saw them during the '03 tour (that LA show barely missed
my top 10 best concerts), the deal was sealed and I became a big fan.

T.B.