[kj] KJ logo

Darth E. Vader crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 11:20:28 EDT 2007

You should maybe consider donating some T-Shirts to
the homeless so that the streets will be full of KJ
logos when the next end of the world hits!

--- Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> In all candor, I'm simply too much of a pussy to

> wear that shirt (the

> pope/nazi one) anymore. Similarly, I have about

> seven or eight COP

> SHOOT COP shirts left over from the early 90's that

> *really* don't go

> down well in a post-9/11 NYC.

> The one shirt I used to own that stirred up the most

> crap was an MDC

> "Blue By Day/White By Night" shirt (back cover of

> the first album).

> Ahhh... the heady, petulant days of youth.

> Everybody now...."Dead Cops.....Dead Cops.....Dead

> Cops...."

> Alex in NYC

> On Mar 24, 2007, at 10:09 AM, B. Oliver Sheppard

> wrote:

> > My ideql Joke shirt would be the cover of "Laugh?

> I Nearly Bought

> > One!"

> > (Nazis saluting the Pope) print on front of shirt,

> with KJ

> > hammer-and-sickle logo on back. It'd fuck people

> around a good deal.

> > -Oliver

> > Alexander Smith wrote:

> >> The `Joke have always flirted with communist

> imagery (although,

> >> honestly, I'm not sure exactly why).

> >> When I was over in ol' Blighty in `05 for the XXV

> shows, Andy Misera

> >> and I swung by Malicious Towers, and the great

> Mike Coles showed us

> >> some artwork he *had* been working on for the

> band before all

> >> communications were cut off again (because of Big

> Life? Fuck, who

> >> remembers!) In any event, one of the images --

> which I think he'd

> >> intended to use for the single art for "Seeing

> Red" -- was a female

> >> Red Chinese Army brigade of rifle-wielding

> dancers. It would've

> >> looked

> >> AMAZING on a t-shirt.

> >> Frankly speaking, despite the fact THAT I STILL

> WANT THAT POSTER,

> >> BARATHY, I was never that impressed with the

> artwork that went into

> >> the XXV Gathering shows/album/DVD (i.e. the

> shell-brandishing,

> >> gasmask

> >> wearing jesters and the train).

> >> In terms of `Joke logos, I still quite like the

> REVELATIONS ribbon

> >> design.

> >> Alex in NYC

Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

Look at grafitti scrawled on the wall:
Dubya can't catch family friend Bin Liner...
But what the HELL?
They talk to God!