[kj] KJ logo

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 26 10:41:40 EDT 2007

Are any merchants still selling thehe Nazi/Pope "Laugh..? I Nearly
Bought One!" t-shirt?

Ideally, adult small black with the Nazi Pope print in white on the
front. If it was available online like that, I'd buy it in a heartbeat,
overseas costs be damned.

That and the current and clakc & white Requiem design are my fave KJ
shirt designs.

-Oliver

Alexander Smith wrote:

> In all candor, I'm simply too much of a pussy to wear that shirt (the

> pope/nazi one) anymore. Similarly, I have about seven or eight COP

> SHOOT COP shirts left over from the early 90's that *really* don't go

> down well in a post-9/11 NYC.

> The one shirt I used to own that stirred up the most crap was an MDC

> "Blue By Day/White By Night" shirt (back cover of the first album).

> Ahhh... the heady, petulant days of youth.

> Everybody now...."Dead Cops.....Dead Cops.....Dead Cops...."

> Alex in NYC

> On Mar 24, 2007, at 10:09 AM, B. Oliver Sheppard wrote:

>> My ideql Joke shirt would be the cover of "Laugh? I Nearly Bought

>> One!"

>> (Nazis saluting the Pope) print on front of shirt, with KJ

>> hammer-and-sickle logo on back. It'd fuck people around a good deal.

>> -Oliver

>> Alexander Smith wrote:

>>> The `Joke have always flirted with communist imagery (although,

>>> honestly, I'm not sure exactly why).

>>> When I was over in ol' Blighty in `05 for the XXV shows, Andy Misera

>>> and I swung by Malicious Towers, and the great Mike Coles showed us

>>> some artwork he *had* been working on for the band before all

>>> communications were cut off again (because of Big Life? Fuck, who

>>> remembers!) In any event, one of the images -- which I think he'd

>>> intended to use for the single art for "Seeing Red" -- was a female

>>> Red Chinese Army brigade of rifle-wielding dancers. It would've

>>> looked

>>> AMAZING on a t-shirt.

>>> Frankly speaking, despite the fact THAT I STILL WANT THAT POSTER,

>>> BARATHY, I was never that impressed with the artwork that went into

>>> the XXV Gathering shows/album/DVD (i.e. the shell-brandishing,

>>> gasmask

>>> wearing jesters and the train).

>>> In terms of `Joke logos, I still quite like the REVELATIONS ribbon

>>> design.