[kj] American Hardcore documentary posted on YouTube

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 26 21:11:28 EDT 2007

Oh, and yes, while many were complaining about the DKs or Misfits
absence, I was like, Hmm, well, what about G.I. -- they were there from
the beginning and lasted pretty freaking long, including future members
of Jawbox. Their total absence in the movie was very bizarre considering
the long career theyhad, even well past the documentary's sort of
artifical cut off date of 1986.

John Stabb is a pretty funny guy. I heard he did a cover of Fugazi's
feminist song "Suggestion" -- but called it... er, "Erection"? Is that
true? ("Why can't I walk down a street ... free of an erection...?) In
that spirit, notice The Meatmen get no coverage in American HC the
movie? Heh.

-Oliver