[kj] American Hardcore documentary posted on YouTube

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 26 09:33:39 EDT 2007

It's been discussed here, so: ---

Someone has posted the recent documentary American Hardcore onto YouTube in 10 minute segments. The 1st part is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0LHomP0SNE

If you're interested, I' GET IT BEFORE IT'S DELETED, like my own YouTube account, which was deleted because I uploaded stuff like anarchist (and Yale anthropologist) David Graeber on the Charlie Rose show, a clip of the late anarchist Murray Bookchin, the Dead Kennedys, and some other punk bands. That all got me banned.

IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD AND SAVE THESE CLIPS I RECOMMEND "DOWNLOAD HELPER" FOR FIREFOX: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

Of course this way you do not get the extras and deleted/extended scenes on the DVD that do help flesh out some underrepresented parts of the documentary.

As mentioned before, American Hardcore doesn't have Dead Kennedys or Misfits or Government Issue, all huge absences, but in less than 2 hours you cant please everyone.

Vic Bondi of Articles of Faith does a pretty good job of being the sociologist of the movement and the parts with Austin's radical left, gay-fronted M.D.C. (Millions of Dead Cops/Millions of Damn Christians, etc.) are priceless.

-Oliver