[kj] OT: Metal Blogs

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 8 22:54:47 EST 2007

Oops, sorry I missed this.

Honestly, I don't keep up with metal blogs, though I probably should.
I'm familiar with the Aversiononline.com blog, which Martin Paul noted,
because they cover a fairly good spectrum of underground rock, from
black metal to hardcore to just indie rock. For awhile they were giving
some horrible bands glowing reviews (The Distance) and it seemed like
the blog was slipping into a "blogging for cash" deal, but over the past
few weeks that blog has sort of won me back. I have learned a lot about
current black metal from it, especially black metal bands from France,
where according to Aversiononline some of the best black metal these
days is being made (had no idea, but a Fr. black metal band they
profiled, Merrimack, was pretty good, I thought).

-Oliver