[kj] O/T The Most Overrated Album In The World....Ever

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 2 15:12:02 EST 2007

Okay -- this will get me in trouble, I just know it. But I haven't heard
anything from Sonic Youth that I think merits the high-cult
status/critical acclaim they have.

Before you unleash the hounds on me, I'd like to mention a lot of the
hoi polloi feel this way about Killing Joke, too. Two of my favorite
bands are Killing Joke and Fugazi, and I have heard plenty of times that
folks just do not understand what is so special about either of them, as
well. Similarly, I just don't get what is so great about Sonic Youth.

I also don't like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

-Oliver