[kj] OT: New Bad Brains LP/film American Hardcore

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 29 15:15:51 EDT 2007

Atually, I said I liked the album because it is trying ts hardest to be
a hardcore/thrash album, only HR's vocals don't fit that mix very well.
So it's not that I am expecting Bad Brains to tread old ground, it's
that I expect HR to sound like he's roughly on the same plane as the
rest of the band, who feel like they're trying their hardest to make an
energetic rock n' roll record, with some slow reggae songs here and
there, while HR just sounds like he's on Valium. So, it's not a case of
wanting ROIR Cassette, Part 2.

-Oliver