[kj] Can Someone Easily Explain

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 01:21:37 EDT 2007

Perscription drugs
A couple of Beers
And insomnia

Has me looking foolishly throughout the vast web world.

Anyway

I started to look up Turbonoegro remembering that they had something coming
out.
I noticied that they were on Cooking Vinyl in the UK and the US.
So is Killing Joke
and a gazillion other bands that are ...typically..of older people audiences
(ala me, well into my 30's)
Buzzocks
Mission
Church
Gary numan
etc
etc

My question
There seem to be a whole lot of labels associated with these type of bands

For example

The beloved Killing Joke
Plastichead
Candlelight
Cooking Vinyl (UK and US)

Is this really one label?
Is this the days of the late 80s and 90s when many smaller labels joined
forces just to simply distribute material but disguise as a label (as
opposed to a distro which is what it sounds like).

I am not knocking this notion

It is just simply confusing as usual

Chris