[kj] ot: good news!

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 19:19:22 EDT 2007

Oliver,

Replies below.

Jamie

-----Original Message-----
From: B. Oliver Sheppard <bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net>
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>
Sent: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 7.25pm
Subject: Re: [kj] ot: good news!

Oliver said: No one compared him to Hitler or Mein Kampf, for fuck's sake..

Jamie says: I know - I wasn't saying anyone had.  My point was that if you're going to get to the point of being glad someone's died, then it would need to be *that* order of magnitude, rather than the Bernard Manning order of magnitude.  (Cue jokes about how fat he was.)

Oliver said: That along with the hyperbole that fans of Manning imagine they're being oppressed or repressed for liking him, like I said, is funnier than most if not all the stuff Manning did.

Jamie says: Whatever makes you laugh is ok with me. <grin>

Oliver said: The guy just sucked.

Jamie says: Maybe.  Does that make it good that he's dead?

Get a FREE AOL Email account with 2GB of storage. Plus, share and store photos and experience exclusively recorded live music Sessions from your favourite artists. Find out more at http://info.aol.co.uk/joinnow/?ncid=548.