[kj] Blindness

Change crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 09:12:00 EDT 2007

The police started every instanc of violence I have
witnessed at protests over the years.

They never learn.
Quite often their tactics backfire in their faces,
like the time Reclaim the Streets shut down a motorway
for an afternoon instead of the planned backroad after
the pigs tried to turn a van/soundsystem into a sty.

--- death wish <dwish2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

> >>will never fully regain the vision in that eye.

> >>Matt said: "I went to Germany to take part in a

> >>peaceful protest and

> >>to be honest at the start of the day there was a

> very

> >>jolly, almost

> >>carnival, atmosphere.

> >>"There were three lines of police and all of a

> sudden

> >>things got more

> >>aggressive.

> >>"There were a few baton charges so all the

> protesters

> >>just linked

> >>arms and stood firm. It was all still very

> peaceful.

> >>"I have never seen water cannons before and all of

> >>sudden there

> >>were eight or nine of them. The police made an

> >>announcement in German

> >>but none of us understood it and then we were

> fired

> >>at.

> >>"I was knocked to the floor at first and then when

> >>got up I was hit

> >>right in the face.

> >>"The pain was incredible. My eye had come out and

> >>just ran off

> >>holding it to find an ambulance."

> >>Matt was one of seven protesters and a German

> >>journalist who were

> >>taken to Rostock University Hospital with eye

> >>injuries.

> >>He said one protester had also been knocked

> >>unconscious by the water

> >>cannons and another suffered a perforated ear

> drum.

> >>Matt added: "They were using water cannons as

> weapons,

> >>which they are

> >>not supposed to do.

> >>"Their actions were deliberate and vindictive and

> >>completely

> >>unnecessary.

> >>"I went there to express my feelings peacefully as

> >>am entitled to

> >>do. What they did to me was absolutely dis-

> graceful.

> >>Doctors can't

> >>believe what they have done to me.

> >>"The German activists we spoke to said they have

> never

> >>before seen

> >>the police use this type of water cannon or fire

> at

> >>people heads."

> >>Matt added that he was going to take advice about

> >>suing the German

> >>police and will campaign for a stop to water

> cannons

> >>being fired at

> >>protesters' heads.

> >>Liverpool Daily Post - June 11th

> >>INTERZONE

> >>http://www.augustineleudar.110mb.com/Interzone.htm

> >>RTX, Kristin Hersh, Githead, Shellac, Michael Gira

> & the Dirty Three

> >>interviewed here:

> >>www.perfectsoundforever.com

> >>Polysics interviewed here:

> >>www.cultcargo.net

> >>Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there

=== message truncated ===