[kj] ot.alex. Funny KJ tracks?

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 31 16:48:56 EDT 2007

Ironic humor and laugh out loud guffaws are kinda two different
things, though. I mean, I certainly smile and my laugh with a
vengeful cackle when I hear Killing Joke, but it's more out of a
sense of some sort've vindication (as in: "YES! THIS IS IT!") rather
than at something that I think is amusing or funny.

Geordie being blue in that video (let alone Jaz as Moses) is indeed
worthy of a chuckle, I suppose.

Alex in NYC

On Jul 31, 2007, at 2:17 PM, melinda grant wrote:

> can you not see,hear any ironic humour whittyness in any k.j track

> or vid?

> what about when gordie is painted bright blue in the vid!!!!! ;-

> D giant sized smift ;-))))

>> From: Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net>

>> band!)"<gathering at misera.net>

>> To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)"

>> <gathering at misera.net>

>> Subject: Re: [kj] Funny KJ tracks?

>> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:04:14 -0400

>> Can't say I've ever found any Killing Joke song funny, to be honest.

>> Alex in NYC

>> On Jul 31, 2007, at 1:58 PM, Jiri wrote:

>>> Speaking of Revelations, one that still makes me laugh

>>> (intentionally, rather than OTG-style accidentally laugh/cry) is

>>> Chop-Chop. The biting social criticism dripping from every line,

>>> but then for me culminating with "The second hand really moves

>>> quite fast -- I'd never thought of that!" makes me belly laugh.

>>> I dunno, probably due to a guy I knew who was very proud of his

>>> Rolex with its continuous, sweeping second hand. "Barely half

>>> awake"...