[kj] Funny KJ tracks?

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 29 21:39:04 EDT 2007

On _Inside Extremities_, during the beginning of a live version of "The
Age of Greed"(Track 8 on disc 2) at a place in France, during a brief
pause in the beginning drumming, Jaz says, "I'm sorry I don't speak
French." And then the music starts back up. Something about it made me
giggle ... right out of my uniform. Actually Jaz's whole spoken intro to
that song is funny: "Do you have any money now?" Audience: "...." Jaz:
"Do you HAVE any money?" A few audience members weakly respond, "No!"
Then Jaz retorts: " Well if you don't have any money now, it's too late,
there's no more money." It makes no sense to me, but Jaz seems so
dreadfully serious about it. Then the song starts. And it cracks me up.

-Oliver