[kj] ChangeTin, change

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 26 20:45:56 EDT 2007

Yeah, what is really amazing is just how sometimes openly blatant US
decision-makers and elites can be about the utter contempt with which
the hey hold the rest of the world. I found that quote from US Dep.
Sec'y Paul Wolfowitz and World Bank President (retired because he
promoted his vastly younger girlfriend on the org's payroll - ha!) with
barely looking at all.

Like how about this doozy:

Q: *[H]ow do we describe "you guys?"*

William Kristol: There's so many different phrases, it's hard to know.

*Q: What do you like?*

William Kristol: I don't care. Kagan and I wrote an article in 1996,
trying to lay out this worldview of foreign affairs. We called it
"Toward a Neo-Reaganite Foreign Policy." So I would take
"neo-Reaganite," "neo-conservative," "hawk," "American imperialist."
There are lots of different phrases.

From:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/iraq/interviews/kristol.html

So, see, that is not ME, or some mythical rabid Marxist anti-war
protester calling key US decision makers imperialists or war hawks --
that's one of THEMSELVES calling themselves that! Okay, fine, I will
call them that, if you say so, sir. William Kristol was a high-ranking
member of the Reagan and Bush 1 administrations and has since been a
policy consultant, a prominent neo-conservative advocate.

-Oliver