[kj] KJ first album art/Alexinnyc's job

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 24 08:48:29 EDT 2007

Cheers, Oliver -- well, Fox News never ended up calling me, so it
looks like that's all for naught. Can't say I'm especially
disappointed. I did get an interview request from the equally noxious
E! News Daily, but because they're on the West Coast and I'm here --
that also won't be happening. Not crushed about that one either.
Still, a job would be nice.

Regarding the first album artwork, I know we discussed it here ages
ago, but `twas before you arrived. The actual photo is by a storied
war photographer named Don McCullin. I found an image of the original
in a big coffee table book of his in a long-since closed photog shop
in Soho a few years back. You can actually see the faces of the
running folks. Suffice to say, the inscription scrawled on the wall
does *not* say "Killing Joke," alas. The image is titled something
like "VX Gas Attack, Belfast".

Incidentally, Mike Coles *DID* sign his name on that artwork, clearly
visible on the album cover. Can anyone name where it is? You'll win a
special no-prize.

Jobless in NYC