[kj] Gamera vs Killing Joke

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 24 08:19:02 EDT 2007

No kidding!

Although KJ 2003 is an excellent album, I can't stand that cover! As
I've mentioned before, it looks like the worst kind of Insane Clown
Posse crap. Yes, KJ did the whole "sinister jester" thing probably
before anyone, but by the 1990s, Hot Topic and bad nu metal bands had
taken evil klowns to a whole new level of trash, and doing something
dayglo orange with a sinister clown in 2003 was just wrong. A tattoo is
worse. Now, one of the running figures on the cover of the 1st LP (or
the Bootleg Vinyl Archives cover) would be kind of mysterious and cool
if done discreetly and perhaps monotone. Like the hunched over running
silhouette of requiem. but anyone getting an evil clown/jester type
tattoo -- blegh.

Also, sorry I haven't commented before, Alex, but I hope the situation
gets better. I know you'd mentioned possibly getting on at FOX. That
would be great, actually. Yes, Bill O'Reilly works for them -- but they
also make The Simpsons and from what I hear they're bringing back
Futurama. I hope it gets better up there!!! :(

-Oliver