[kj] (OT) Lords of the New Church News

T.B. Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Mon Jul 16 02:24:21 EDT 2007

Some people here may be interested in this bit of news about a seminal
punk/goth band featuring the late Stiv Bator and ex-Damned guitarist Brian
James.

I got word from Brian's manager last week that a live box set is being
compiled for a late '07 release comprising of several 80's concerts on cds
plus a dvd of the previously unreleased promo documentary of the band that
was filmed during their last year together with Danny Fury on drums.

Also, Brian James is currently remixing 10 tracks from the multi-track
master tapes from one or more of the classic IRS/Illegal albums at Abby Road
Studios for some sort of album release also scheduled for later this year.
I don't know if it's a compilation or unreleased tracks or demos or what at
this point. Just material recorded when the band was under contract with IRS
Records between '82 - '85.

Perhaps best of all, it appears Brian will finally play some dates in early
2008 in the US as well as what may shape up to be a very special Lords
themed show in October '07 in London. I am trying to get Adam Becvare (now
in The Black Halos) involved with at least the UK show as he was the one big
highlight of the chaotic 2002 Lord's European club tour that was otherwise a
disaster due to the presence od Steve Marque, who is thankfully no longer
associated with Brian James.

T.B.