[kj] Vinyl

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 12:46:28 EDT 2007

Vinyl had a renaissance during rave...the late 80s thru the mid-90s was a
boomtime. However, many labels no longer release it, and there isn't really
much audiophile [virgin] vinyl around today. I still release on it myself,
but am seriously considering releasing CD only from now on, the sale of
which is dying out itself due to downloading.
Back to Greenpeace: With the setting up of the Stockholm Convention and with
the UN banning dioxins will inevitably make vinyl production very difficult.