[kj] OT: The Day the Country Died: A History ofAnarcho-Punkfrom1980-1984

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:08:26 EDT 2007

First off I bought and read the Crass book. It is good. I also purchased
Burning Britain and The Day the Country Died but have not read them yet.
The DVD for Burning Britain stunk. S T U N K. It is all recent clips (if I
had to guess all form Holiday in the Sun type festivals) and the old clips
are all common stuff (off of UK DK for example). The only clips I was
intrigued about was Disorder. So if The Day the Country Died DVD is anything
like that than I don't even want to see it.

Now with Steve Ignorant show this has been debated endlessly. Basically the
"true punks" feel that Steve Ignorant cannot perform Crass songs in this
capacity ever again. Plus they are sort of pissed at him for taking the
piss out of the Anarcho movement at the end of the Crass book. In my
opinion I think he is justified in doing whatever he wants. As long as it
is under his name. He isn't calling it Crass. It's his right. He was part
of the band and wrote a lot of those songs. Now if he is doing it for the
check or the glory or both it doesn't really matter. If people would pay to
see it than so be it.

I would go if I was there.

Chris